(Because 70 jubilees elapse from the Conquest to AD 2025)
(To Part Two)
Jesus said, “And there shall be signs in the sun, and the moon, and the stars” (Luke 21:25)
God commanded every seventh year to be a Sabbath year –the year of the Shmita. Messianic Rabbi Johnathan Cahn has popularized the Hebrew word “Shmita” among Christians, and we will use the same word in this article. (As we shall see, the modern Shmita occurred three years before the one in 2017. We will explain. Some anticipated questions will be answered in the next blog.)
“Shmita” in Hebrew means “release”—the “release” from servitude or indebtedness and to desist one year from fieldwork. (Lev 25; 26:33-43; Deut 15; Jer 25:11; 29:10; Dan 9; Ezra 1; Neh 10:31; Zech 1:12; 7:5.)
Why does the modern Shmita occur three years before the Shmita of 2017t to 2018?
There is no contradiction!
The last Shmita kept by modern Israel was from 2014t to 2015. (The “t” stands for the month of Tishri, roughly our September.)
However, the modern Shmita does not claim to be related to the original one, which began when Israel entered the Promised Land in 1406 BC. The contemporary Shmita of Jews today is based upon the return from Babylonian Exile, not from 1406 BC.
Thus there are two seven-year cycles, separated by three years. Jews today follow the cycle that began at the return of the exile led by Ezra (and Nehemiah). (It likely commenced 444t BC; compare Neh 8:14-18; 10:31; Deut 31:10, and Dan 9.)
God commanded the Shmitas and jubilees to be kept starting from when they entered the Promised Land and is thus incomparably more important than any Jewish tradition. 1406 BC is the date held by most evangelical scholars and found in the footnotes of most Bibles for the past 50 years.
The Lord said to Moses at Mount Sinai, “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you, the land itself must observe a sabbath to the Lord. Lev. 25:1-2;
Then the Land had rest from war, Josh 11:23. Cf. Josh 14.
Why 70 jubilees are important
- The 70th jubilee is important because the jubilee is comprised of heptads (seven times seven). In the bible, seven is symbolic of completion and is related to the Hebrew word for a solemn oath. Seven multiplied by itself adds emphasis and solemnity. Thus, 70 x 7 x 7 years is most solemn.
- The 70th jubilee is important because 70 jubilees is the same as seven cycles of 490 years (the period mentioned in Dan. 9, which also has to do with missed Shmitas).
- The 70th jubilee is important because 70 jubilees amount to 490 neglected Shmitas (70 x 7 x 7, Dan. 9; 2Chron 36:21).
- The 70th jubilee is important because Israel turns 77 years old from its birth as a nation (1948 to 2025). Moreover, Jesus links the number “77” to “70 x 7” in Matt 18:22. (The Bible reads as either 77 or 70 x 7).
- “70 x 7 x 7” (3430 years) is also 7 x 7 generations of 70 years and is spoken of in the Book of Enoch. See Enoch’s Prophecy of seven cycles of 490 years.
The eclipse of 2017 marks the last seven-year cycle before the 70th jubilee
- Unlike lunar eclipses (except for the Passover-Tabernacle tetrad lunar eclipses of 2014-2015), total solar eclipses are rare. The last time America had one was 26 years ago.
- God has used solar eclipses as signs before. The following is lengthy — but extremely important. It shows that God has used eclipses to communicate His plans and can be expected to do so again. Jesus said, “And there shall be signs in the sun, and the moon, and the stars” (Luke 21:25). Around July of 1406 BC, the same year the jubilee count began, Joshua commanded the sun and moon to stand still while Israel defeated the Amorites, (Josh 10:12). However, there was another celestial sign left unrecorded that occurred about the same time.
On July 14, 1406 BC, at the front paws of the constellation (stars) of Leo, an actual total solar eclipse occurred. Compare the similarity of the location of the two eclipses. (Click to enlarge.)
Thus, the 1406 BC eclipse is in the same location as our 2017 eclipse. To understand the eclipse at the start of the jubilees is to understand the 2017 eclipse at the end, nearly 70 jubilees later. Therefore, ponder the following carefully!
On July 14, 1406 BC, as Israel fought the Amorites, the path of the moon’s narrow shadow ominously crossed key demonic high places in one long curved line. It began near the place Columbus would later sail home after discovering America, passed through Spain, then over the seven hills of Rome, then the Greek gods of Mt. Olympus, the Island of Patmos along with the seven churches of the Book of Revelation, Tarsus, then along the southern side of the northern border of Israel (thus visible by warring Israel, Josh 10). This includes Mt. Hermon of Bashan, where the watcher-angels rebelled. It then continued along the Euphrates river to Babylon, Ur, and Eridu (Tower of Babel), on out the mouth of the Euphrates (the eastern-most border that God promised to Israel), and Susa (of Persia), and then finally ends at Bombay India, the great Hindu metropolis.
More about the Fallen Angels:
Moses prophesied the day he died “at 120 years of age” (i.e., 120.5) concerning the future of the 12 tribes of Israel. That day happened to have been exactly six months before the July 14, 1406 eclipse (Deut 1:3; 34:7-8). Moreover, there just happened to have been an annular eclipse occurring elsewhere in the world on this very day! On this same day, Moses prophesied about two tribes that, when overlapped like the sun and moon, foretold the eclipse of July 14, 1406 BC… The tribes of Dan and Manasseh (Joseph).
(Manasseh inherited Mt Hermon of Bashan, the land of the Giants, [Deut 3:11; Jos 12:4; 13:12; Num 32:33]. Dan leaped toward that direction and later relocated near there. The book of Enoch [and other sources] inform us that Mt Hermon is where the angels, “sons of God,” descended from “heaven,” Gen 6:2, but were judged and sent to the “deep.” Recall that this eclipse occurred in the heavens where the crouching lion (Leo) leaps upon the prey of the “sun” and “moon” overlapped by the eclipse. Compare all this to the key elements of the prophecy to Joseph and Dan.
“And of Joseph he said, Blessed of Jehovah be his land, For the precious things of heaven, for the dew, And for the deep that crouches [like a lion] beneath, And for the precious things of the fruits of the sun, And for the precious things of the growth of the moons…”
“And of Dan he said, “Dan is a lion’s cub that leaps from Bashan.”(Deut 33:14,22).
Yet another total solar eclipse occurred 40 years earlier on the day God said, “This month to you will be the first of the month.” Moses inaugurated this very New Year at the Exodus (1446n). (As with the 360- calendar, there may have been a leap month that year, if so, the eclipse fell on 2Adar). This total solar eclipse passed over the source of the Nile River (recall the first plague) at Lake Victoria and was thus visible from Upper Egypt.
Moreover, the Exodus eclipse occurred in the bands of Pisces (Fishes), next to the women in chains (Andromeda). The bands of Pisces have long symbolized the slavery of Israel in Egypt.
This eclipse on the New Year of the Exodus was likely at or very near the same time God supernaturally brought “darkness over all the land of Egypt three days” (Ex 10:21-23). (It was the 9th plague, and thus about two weeks before the Exodus, Ex 11:8-12:3).
Six months before this total solar eclipse, when the plagues upon Egypt began, there was an annular solar eclipse over southern Africa. Thus, the six (or 7) months of the ten plagues began and ended with a solar eclipse in Africa; the first was upon the former autumn New Year, and the second was upon the newly commanded spring New Year!
“I’ll execute judgments on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD,” (Exod 12:12).
Thus, God marked His territory with eclipses! (God marks the southern border about 70 jubilees later, as discussed in Part Two.)
- The 2017 total solar eclipse over America has a similar meaning. To many, North America is the equivalent of the Promised Land. The day Columbus left port and discovered America, Jews were exiled from Spain. God claims America as His.
- This eclipse divides America in half and symbolizes a divided nation. (Isn’t this what America has become politically?). “Mene, Mene, Tekel, Uparsin,” “…your kingdom is divided…” (Dan 5). (From the fall of Babylon in 539t BC unto 2017t are 2555 years. (A solar year is 365 days, and “2555” equals 7 x 365, which is also in alignment with the Shmitas).
- The first major city the eclipse passes through is Salem, Oregon, another name for Jerusalem, meaning “Peace.” Peace is removed from America.“In Salem also is his tabernacle and his dwelling place in Zion… At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, both the chariot and horse are cast into a dead sleep… Thou didst cause judgment to be heard from heaven”, (Psalm 76:2,6,8). Salem is, therefore, symbolic of Jerusalem.
- Salem was visited by another total solar eclipse exactly 38.5 years ago. It is very rare for a city to be visited by two total solar eclipses within 40 years. But the 39 years between these two eclipses means that 1979 (Feb.) was 70 jubilees (less seven years) from when God intended Israel to enter the Promised Land, that is, from when they left Mt Sinai one year after the Exodus (1446/5 BC).
Thus God highlights Salem as a simple play on words to remind us that North America was dedicated to God just as Jeru’salem and the real Promised Land were back in 1406 BC.
Click on the “More” button below for a brief look at the year 1492, when the New World was discovered, or skip and read Part 2.
[expander_maker id=”4″ ]
Both 1492-3 (when America was discovered, i.e., “The New Promised Land”) and 1947-8 (when Israel returned to the actual Promised Land) are Shmita years (65*7 apart).
From the Exodus to 1492 and then to the Salem eclipse of 1979-1986 is (6 x 490) plus the last 490 years equals 7 x 490 (This accounts for the missed Shimitas). And from 1492t to 2024t are 76 missed Shmitas, which in turn span from 1948-2024. And from 1948 to 2025 are 77 years, and thus 11 missed Sabbaths back to 2014t.
This creates a narrowing residual effect like birth pangs, thereby reversing the effects of Leviticus 26:18. Thus, 1492, 1948, and 2014 are all starting points for birth pangs — counting down to the final two years of jubilee (2024t-2026t). Moreover, each of these starting points was marked by rare Passover/Tabernacles Tetrad Lunar Eclipses.
In other words, God is counting missed Shmitas from 1492, just as He did for Israel of old from 1445/1406 BC (Lev 26:34; 2Chr 36:21; Jer 34:17). The two “Promised Lands” (1406 BC and 1492 AD) are synchronized by one-seventh in the same way that the 1000-year reign of Christ’s (Sabbath-Rest) on earth when He returns, will be one-seventh the total years from Creation. (Rounded: 6000 + 1000 = 7000 years. Notice that 3430/3500 yrs are also in synchronicity.)
Thus, just as Israel went into captivity according to the years they missed their Sabbaths, so will North America. (We will explain all this in detail later.) Like Babylon of old (539 BC), the fall of the one will mark the restoration of the other.
All numeric patterns in the bible are self-similar because they are a fractal. The first image on the home page of 1260d.com is a small part of this massive fractal created by these jubilees. It is my joy to eventually explain all this in future blogs.
- Every year, all of Israel was commanded to go to (Jeru)Salem to celebrate the feast of Tabernacles. However, during the Shmita year, they also had the book of Deuteronomy read to them (Deut 31:10). It happens that just two days before the eclipse (Aug 19-21), as part of the assigned reading to Jews throughout the world, the passage to be read happens to be from Deut 11:26-16:17. It concerns the Shmita and the feast of Tabernacles! Some Messianic synagogues include this portion John 9-10 begins with Jesus stating that He is “the light of the world” and that we should ‘walk while you have the light’. Therefore, to Christians, God says, “Make use of the time you have now. Judgment will not delay forever. Unnatural darkness is coming. Jesus said:
“I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light (Sun) of the world,” (John 9:4-5).
- God keeps track of the regular Jewish (luni-solar) calendar, our Gregorian Solar calendar, and the prophetic 360 Calendar. On the 360 calendar of the prophets, “the 7th month, 15th day” (i.e., Tabernacles) falls on the exact day of the eclipse. The 360 Calendar facilitated predictions about world events far in advance, such as the date that Saddam Hussein, king of Babylon/Iraq, would hang and the exact minute of the great Joplin tornado of 2011 that divided their city. Moreover, the Shmita Lunar Eclipse of 2014 fell on Tishri 14th, but on the 360 Calendar, that year was the 17th of the seventh month. Therefore, on the 360 Calendar, the Shmita lunar eclipse of 2014 and the Shmita solar eclipse of 2017 occurred on Tabernacles. Recall the scripture:
“At the end of every seven years, in the set time of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles, …read this law before all Israel,” (Deut 31:10-11).
Exactly one month after the 2017 eclipse is the regular Jewish New Year – the official start of the 490th seven-year cycle.
(Note: Providentially, this article was published July 23-24 (incorrectly shows as June 22), 2017, with one month left to the eclipse. This is the exact anniversary of the same day and month that Israel mourned for their first high-priest, Aaron, when he died exactly-to-the-day 70-jubilees ago, less the seven years. [Aaron died 70 days before the Day of Atonement, the day when the jubilee was proclaimed retroactively, Lev 25:8-10. A day for each jubilee till now -- 30 of mourning until Christ, plus 40 till now. Moses repeats the same pattern six months later -- except 70 days to when Israel crossed the Jordan into the Promised Land). The death of the high priest has a similar meaning as the jubilee, for on the day that he dies those who had fled to a city of refuge could return home. Josh 20:6; Num 20:29; 33:39.)
Next, Part Two of the Solar Eclipse of 2017 (And Mecca and Medina)
Below is a sample of the things we will discuss.